Natural Remedies For Diarrhoea In Summer Season
Needless to say, stomach health is very important to show our overall fitness, when we eat the food and is properly digested then we ensure our total well-being. But the food we take is not properly digested, which could give rise to several types of ailments like malabsorption of essential supplements which may lead to weakness, dehydration or sickness. During summers the chances of having stomach sickness is almost doubled than any other season. Diarrhoea is a very common problem during summers that can happen with anyone in the summer season. This condition is usually caused by infectious bacterias or viruses or contaminated food or water. This disease shows symptoms like frequent watery stools or cramps in the abdomen. In this article we are going to discuss the Natural remedies to help you feel better from diarrhoea in the summer season.
$29.99 - $26.09
Diarrhoea in summer season, is a very common ailment, if you don't take proper dietary supplements,then it can lead to improper nourishment of the body and may result in acute dehydration. In the summer season, the risk of these digestive disorders doubles and diarrhoea is one of the baneful conditions of GI Tract, the main reason behind this ailment is food-borne infections. The unhygienic food is the main reason, consumption of intolerable food items can lead to uncontrollable laxative abuse, reduced immune response or even stress can be the leading cause of this ailment. Our stomach is tolerating ever-widening menu of strange foods, chemicals, additives, colours, dyes, processing chemicals, with all this junk material we don't even try to give strength to our digestive system by doing exercises or yoga, even we often eat or irregular times, late night work or parties, very less exercise, insufficient sleep, and stressful life.
What is Diarrhoea?
Diarrhoea is not a disease but this is a symptom of various health related conditions, this is commonly shown as the clinical feature of the GI Tract infections, mainly caused due to the unhygienic food or contaminated water, spicy food preferences, emotional factors or other stressful conditions. In Summers we have very low digestive fire, that gets even more weakened due to our overeating.
In Ayurveda, Diarrhoea is referred to as the Atisara. This is the ailment that is developed due to vitiation of udaka vaha srotas, annavaha srotas, purisha vaha srotas. Cardinal sign of atisaar is frequent watery stools and this is due to the increased ama dosha in the body. Ama dosha can be correlated with undigested toxicated food that leads to diarrhoea. Ama dosha can be originated with highly intake of kledak ahara (intake of junk foods,oily foods, white refined flour foods that leads to increased tridosha), virudhashan (taking wrong food combinations like seafood and milk together, sour curd and milk together), adhyashan (excessive food intake without digested the previous meal), vishmashan (eating fastly and heavy food intake).
Acute diarrhoea always leads to passage of watery fluids that are not formed properly, or shows symptoms like pain in abdomen, dehydration, may lead to emesis or fever. These symptoms may last up to 24 to 48 hours and patients should take proper water intake during the diarrhoea to maintain the proper balance of water and electrolytes. Restrict those foods who do not digest properly, or take more time to digest. Add rice to your meal, semolina, or cereals to get proper digestion.
<strong>Let's discuss about the Natural remedies to help you feel better from diarrhoea in summer season -
- Water plays a major role to replenish the fluid and electrolyte loss.
- Soups are also advisable so that sodium can be restored by the salt in soup.
- Banana or chikoo juice can also be added for electrolyte replacement.
- Oral rehydration solutions are also advisable to replenish the fluid intake.
- Eat less solid foods rather than take a semisolid diet.
- Don't take overnight stale food, it can lead to stomach ailments.
- Take freshly prepared food devoid of bacterias and germs, avoid chutneys, sweets, or pani puri stalls due to increased risk of bacterial infections here.
- Try to filter or take boiled water during summers.
- Start taking clean vegetables and fruits from the market that don't contain insects or infected bacterias in them.
- Take sour taste food like buttermilk, tomatoes, lemons to help you to balance the electrolytes.
- Chamomile tea helps to relieve the pain in the stomach, and gives anti-inflammatory effects, and relaxes the abdominal muscles.
- Ginger tea is one of the best home remedies to increase the immunity, and strengthens the GI Tract, helps in empowering the digestion process.
- Apple cider vinegar along with water and honey helps to make the stomach healthier, and strengthens the gut flora.
- Cumin, coriander, mint and lemon water is very beneficial in summers, it helps to give cooling effects in the burning sensation of the stomach, has anti-inflammatory properties, supports the smooth flow of digestive juices and boosts the immunity.
- Pomegranate juice and coconut water is also very beneficial in giving wonderful results in improper digestion or helps to improve the digestive fire, giving a soothing effect on the body.
- Avoid heavy meals and overeating, irregular meals, and the wrong combination of meals.
In Classical Ayurvedic texts, various herbal remedies are mentioned to treat this condition are -
- Shadanga Paniya consists of Mustak (Cyperus rotundus), udeechya (Pavonia odorata), parpataka (Fumaria indica), usheer (Vetiveria zizanioides), rakta chandan (Santalum album), Nagar or shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) these herbs are taken and added 64 parts of water and reduce it to half, then filter and ready to use. This herbal remedy is used to replenish the fluid and electrolyte imbalance and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dhanya Panchak Kwath consists of dhaniya (Coriandrum sativum), mustak (Cyperus rotundus), udeechya (Pavonia odorata), Nagar (Zingiber officinalis), bilva (Aegle marmelos) is prepared by taking 16 parts of water and reduce upto 1/4 th part then filter it to take 10 ml twice daily that helps in indigestion, diarrhoea, malabsorption etc.
In this article we have discussed the herbal and home remedies of diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is very common in the summer season which is the result of the various infectious bacterias that are taken as unhygienic food or water. Herbal home remedies helps to strengthen our bowel system, helps to digest the food properly, enhances the digestive fire, replenishes the fluid and electrolyte imbalance, and boosts the immunity.